Congratulations to Zakiya for her service within the Membership Committee the NYULYP is proud to name her Member of the the Month for January 2014.
Zakiya shared this about NYULYP:
“I joined YP to meet people like me who had a passion for uplifting the community. In joining this organization I had no idea this would turn into a family. This organization is full of individuals that have embraced me and treated me as if they have known me for years. The knowledge and passion each person brings to this organization is amazing. We all come from different areas and have different backgrounds but come together for one cause and I am honored to be a part.”
- Be between the ages of 21-40
- Pay annual membership dues ($75)
- Network with many of NYC’s most talented and socially conscious young professionals
- Attend programs and seminars that will heighten your political awareness, increase your leadership abilities, and leverage your talents to fulfill community needs
- Involvement in our standing communities: Civics & Economics, Community Service, Fund Development, Communications, Membership
- Become apart of a deep rooted community-based organization with a long standing history of excellence in serving NYC’s least and under-served communities
How To Join:
Contact Erika Beckles, Membership Chair if you have any questions and need additional information. If you enjoy meeting people and want to learn about the work of an exceptional organization, the NYUL, we invite you to JOIN NOW.