Congratulations to Avis for her service within the Membership Committee the NYULYP is proud to name her Member of the the Month for March 2014.
About Avis: Avis Atkins graduated from Harvard in 2013 with a Masters in Education Policy and Management. Before receiving her degree, she served as the Executive Fellow at the Greenlining Institute, a non-profit research and advocacy group dedicated to ensuring low-income people and people of color have access to wealth, health, and educational opportunities. Avis currently serves as an Analyst at JP Morgan where she helps manage the firm’s policies around risk. When she is not crunching numbers she is taking dance classes at Alvin Ailey, having brunch at different restaurants in the city, and teaching herself Spanish.
Avis shared this about NYULYP:
“When I first moved to New York City about nine months ago I was looking for an organization with people who were passionate about changing urban communities. YP is that organization. YP allows me to work with professionals in every field who are passionate about improving the lives of historically marginalized communities. I joined YP because I want to continue to be a part of this movement.”
- Be between the ages of 21-40
- Pay annual membership dues ($75)
- Network with many of NYC’s most talented and socially conscious young professionals
- Attend programs and seminars that will heighten your political awareness, increase your leadership abilities, and leverage your talents to fulfill community needs
- Involvement in our standing communities: Civics & Economics, Community Service, Fund Development, Communications, Membership
- Become apart of a deep rooted community-based organization with a long standing history of excellence in serving NYC’s least and under-served communities
How To Join:
Contact Erika Beckles, Membership Chair if you have any questions and need additional information. If you enjoy meeting people and want to learn about the work of an exceptional organization, the NYUL, we invite you to JOIN NOW.